Use these principles to avoid a lifetime of Back Pain!
- Make sure you plan the lift Clear the path. Assess if the load is too heavy If the load is too heavy seek assistance.
- Your feet should be shoulder width apart. Get a firm footing close to the load.
- Be sure to lift smoothly using a suitable lifting technique, Avoid jerking or twisting.
- A suitable firm grip should be maintained throughout the lift.
- Carry the load close to your body, always move your feet when turning.
- Keep your spine aligned with natural curves. Maintain the ‘S’ shaped curve in your back.